Last Updated: May 8, 2020
I want to...LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COOK COUNTY COMMUNITY RECOVERY FUND ACCESS RESOURCES THROUGH THE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE NETWORK EMAIL COOK COUNTY Bureau of economic developmenT dIRECTLY
Sign up for Cook County alerts directly by texting ‘AlertCook’ to 888-777
Cook County has launched a comprehensive economic relief program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Community Recovery Initiative consists of the Community Recovery Fund, providing direct financial relief to underserved communities, and Technical Assistance Network, providing educational services and enabling access to support.
Cook County along with its partners will be providing assistance to small businesses, non-profits, and independent contractors during this recovery period. Download an overview of the Community Recovery Initiative here.
Additional Cook County COVID-19 Business Resources
|Workers & Job Seekers|
Cook County Community Recovery Fund
This loan fund offers one-time, zero-interest loans of up to $20,000 for small businesses and $10,000 for independent contractors in suburban Cook County. Loans will be administered by the Chicago Community Loan Fund and provided by a network of community lenders.
- Businesses and independent contractors in Suburban Cook County
- Small Businesses
- Fewer than 25 employees
- Less than $3 million in revenue
- Gig Workers
- At least half of income from 1099 contract work
- Less than $100,000 in gross annual income
Program details are in the process of being finalized. To learn more about the recovery initiative, the recovery fund, please complete this form. If you have filled the form, please rest assured that you will receive notice when the application period opens.
Cook County Technical Assistance Network
To help businesses understand the different support programs being offered, Cook County and our network of partners are providing a wide variety of technical assistance.
The goal of the program is to keep Cook County businesses informed of the most up to date information about federal, state and local programs and provide business concierge services to help manage your business.
Direct Assistance for PPP
- Get free expert assistance completing your Paycheck Protection Program application. If you are a small business, nonprofit, gig worker, or church interested in applying for this program, there is still time! Complete this form for technical assistance today.
- For other questions and inquiries directly to Cook County, email us here
- We will post information on upcoming webinars as soon as it becomes available.
Previous webinars on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP):
- April 30 – “What Cook County Non Profits Need to Know about Paycheck Protection Program”.
- April 29 – [Spanish]“¿Qué es el Programa de Protección de Pago de Cheques (PPP), y cómo puede calificar mi pequeño negocio?”
- April 24 – “Document Preparation for the Paycheck Protection Program 2.0”.
- April 22 – “Accessing and Troubleshooting Restaurant and 1099 Relief Programs in Cook County”.
- April 8 – “How the Paycheck Protection Program Impacts Small Businesses in Cook County”.
Information to come:
- Slides from webinar will be translated into various languages (Mandarin, Polish, etc.)
Resources for Federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
The PPP is a forgivable loan for businesses, non-profits and 1099 workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Original funding for the program was $349 billion, which ran out on 4/16. Congress has now appropriated an additional $310 billion for the program, of which $60 billion is earmarked directly for community banks. Applications have resumed as of 4/27
SBA resources below:
- PPP Borrower Application Form
- How to Calculate Loan Amounts
- FAQs for Lenders and Borrowers
- Find an SBA-approved lender
- Small Business Administration (SBA) will post more details as they become available
- American Business Immigration Coalition
- PPP infographic (English and Spanish)
- Webinar on April 15, "Who's Left Out of the Paycheck Protection Program?"
- Webinar on March 31, “What the Stimulus Package Means for Small Businesses and Nonprofits”.
- Illinois Restaurant Association – Restaurant resources during COVID-19
- Chicago Community Loan Fund – Funding source guide for businesses and non-profit organizations