This guide compiles online reference sources for specific legal topics. For more general sources please consult this guide.
IV. Federal Grants
V. Financial Resources
VI. Health-Related Information
VIII. Law Reviews and Journals
IX. Legislative History
X. Professional Licensure
XI. Uniform Laws
- HG.org: Bar Associations - Listing and information on bar associations both international and domestic.
Law Library Associations
- Chicago Association of Law Libraries (CALL)
- Finding Illinois Law: A Librarian's Guide for Non-Lawyers - A legal research guide for the general public published by CALL
- Find a Lawyer - Search for a lawyer by legal issue or location. From FindLaw.
- Martindale.com - Online successor to the classic Martindale-Hubbell directory.
- Best Law Firms - Search for law firms by location and practice area. Provided by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers.
- Avvo - Search lawyers by name, practice area, or by name. Also includes forms and information on legal topics.
- Lawyers.com Find a Lawyer - Search by topic, city, or state.
- Find a Solicitor - Free service providing information on legal service providers in England and Wales. Provided by the Law Society using data from the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- USembassy.gov - Directory of United States embassies, consulates, and diplomatic missions arranged by country.
- embassy.org - Directory of foreign embassies in Washington D.C.
- EmbassyPages.com - Worldwide directory of embassies, consulates, trade missions, and other diplomatic and consular representations.
- Chicago Foreign Consulates - Contact information for more than 80 foreign representations in Chicago.
- Grants.gov - The single access point for over 900 grant programs offered by the 26 federal agencies that manage grant funds. Information on getting started, finding grant opportunities and applying for grants.
- Loans & Grants - Information from the United States Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) - This site provides access to a database of all Federal programs available to state and local governments, federally-recognized Indian tribal governments, U.S. territories (and possessions), domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions, specialized groups, and individuals.
- Government Benefits, Grants, and Loans - Official information on grants, loans, financial aid, and other benefits from the U.S. government.
- Grants Work in a Congressional Office (PDF) - Congressional Research Service (CRS) report outlining how grant requests are handled with references to other resources.
- Bank Data & Statistics - Searchable database on banks, their branches, and the banking industry. From the Federal Deposit Insurance Commission (FDIC).
- Consumers & Communities - Includes information on bankruptcy, mortgage foreclosure, community development, financial regulation, and more. From the Federal Reserve.
Oanda Currency Converter - A multi-lingual currency converter with current exchange rates for 164 currencies. From Oanda.com.