PLEASE NOTE: This page contains information for veterinarians and animal hospitals only.
If you are a member of the public looking for information on spay and neutering services for your pets, please visit the Spay and Neuter Program page.
Cook County's Animal and Rabies Control Spay and Neuter Program is held each February and provides a rebate to animal hospitals and clinics for any spay or neuter services provided in that month to Cook County residents.
Promote spay and neuter month in your office by downloading and printing the Spay and Neuter Program poster.
- This program is conducted during the month of February only.
- Only Cook County residents are eligible.
- Only two pets per family are allowed to participate in the program.
- All pets participating in the program must be up-to-date on their rabies vaccine and have a current Cook County rabies tag. Vaccination the day of surgery is permitted.
- If vaccination has been done previously in another county, state or country and is current, your office may issue a Cook County rabies tag only if the vaccination was on or after January 1, 2022. If the vaccination was given prior to December 31, 2021, you must obtain a rabies tag from our office.
- Rebates are one amount: $40.00* for each animal whether it’s spayed or neutered.
- *All agencies charging less than $40.00 will receive a $20.00 rebate per animal.
- Agencies charging less than $20.00 will not receive a rebate.
Paperwork and Package Instructions
Follow these guidelines for faster processing:
- Animal hospitals or clinics must complete and print the Spay and Neuter Form (PDF fill-in form).
- Complete and include a W9 Blank Tax Form.
- Forms must be legible and include the signature of the veterinarian.
- The rabies certificate must be attached to the invoice and in the same order as on the participation form.
- All invoices must read “COOK COUNTY REBATE/DISCOUNT” next to the $40.00 deduction. As ordered by the Cook County Auditor. NO rebate will be given without this statement.
- All invoices must be reduced by rebate. A credit on customers' accounts is not acceptable.
- Paperwork must be mailed together and in one packet.
- One check will be issued per hospital.
- Send completed packages to:
ATTN: 2022 Spay/Neuter Rebates
Cook County Animal and Rabies Control
10220 South 76th Avenue
Bridgeview, IL 60455
- Rebate packets will be accepted starting March 1, 2022 through March 31, 2022.
- No reimbursements will be made if packet is received after March 31, 2022.
- Payments will start May 1, 2022.
All above criteria must be met to receive reimbursement.