Filing a Complaint with the Office of the Independent Inspector General
If you have information concerning corruption, fraud, waste, mismanagement, and/or employee misconduct (whether it involves a violation of County policy, criminal law, or both) in the operation of Cook County government, we encourage you to file a complaint. This may include employees, elected and appointed officials in the performance of their official duties, as well as contractors and subcontractors doing or seeking to do business with Cook County government.
If your complaint involves unlawful political discrimination, or if you would like to report a political contact (Political Contact Log), please see the pages located under Related Services.
Complaints are submitted to the OIIG via:
- ONLINE: Submit Complaint Online
- MAIL: 69 W. Washington Street, Suite 1160, Chicago, IL 60602
- PRINT COMPLAINT FORM: A complaint form can be printed and completed for mail or fax submission OR call the Complaint Hotline to request one be sent to you.
- COMPLAINT HOTLINE: 877-IGTIPLN (877-448-4756) or (312) 603-0745. Please be sure to speak slowly and clearly when leaving your information.
- BY APPOINTMENT: to schedule an appointment to file a complaint in person call: (312) 603-0350
Please include as much information as possible in your complaint, as this assists with investigating the issue.
If you have questions regarding the OIIG or have any questions regarding a possible complaint involving Cook County government, please contact us at (312) 603-0350.