Cook County Board Approves Funding to Improve Transportation Throughout Cook County
The Cook County Board of Commissioners approved funding today for transportation-related projects for the County’s Department of Transportation and Highways (DoTH). These vital projects boost economic development, build up regional transportation and improve the quality of life throughout Cook County.
The location, cost and scope of each project and service is listed below.
Aggregate Materials | $337,317
Aggregate materials to repair shoulders and roadways across the County.
Buffalo Grove | $5,550,791.65
Pavement rehabilitation along Lake Cook Road between Raupp Boulevard to Hastings Drive. Improvements include concrete patching, curb replacement, traffic signal modernization, ADA ramp updates in addition to parkway and median landscaping.
Pavement Rehabilitation | $14,196,889.90
Pavement rehabilitation at the following southern Cook County locations:
- German Church Road: County Line Road to Wolf Road
- Wolf Road: 131st Street to McCarthy Road
- Flossmoor Road: Ridgeland Avenue to Kedzie Avenue
- Vollmer Road: Western Avenue to Dixie Highway
- Cottage Grove Avenue: Glenwood Lansing Road to 183rd Street
- Glenwood Lansing Road: East of IL-394 to West of Burnham Avenue
- Cottage Grove Avenue: Sauk Trail to 17th Street
To view DoTH’s interactive construction project map, visit: https://maps.cookcountyil.gov/hwyproject/