Video Gaming License
low-level alert: NEW: ONLINE VIDEO GAMING LICENSE APPLICATION PORTAL NOW AVAILABLE!
Cook County now allows establishments licensed to sell alcohol for on-site consumption to install up to six video gaming terminals for the purpose of video gambling. Businesses must be licensed by the Illinois Gaming Board in order to be licensed by Cook County.
Video Gaming License Requirements
All applicants must submit a completed Video Gaming License Application via Cook County Business License Portal (link under related links or on top of the page).
Applications should also include copies of the following:
- Illinois Gaming Board Application
- Illinois Gaming Board Video Gaming License
- Cook County Liquor License
- Illinois Liquor License
- Site Floor Plan for the Video Gaming Terminal(s)
- Copy of deed/lease of real estate where VGT(s) are located
- Copy of Articles of Incorporation
- Copy of signed agreement with the terminal operator
All license fees are paid annually as part of the establishment's business license renewal.
- Video Gaming Application Fee: $500.00
- Video Gaming License Fee: $1000.00 per terminal
- Limit of six terminals per establishment
To inspect the ordinance for detailed regulations or view the fee determination, click on the related ordinance link.
All Video Gaming installations will require a Building Permit. Please visit the website Building and Zoning for more information.