Cook County COVID-19 Resources
Manufacturing and Business Recovery Resources
- Illinois Manufacturers’ Association Safety and Reopening Guide
- Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center Return to Work and Recovery Guide
- FAQs for Employers on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus: by Conn Maciel Carey and the IMA
- Managing a manufacturing plant through the coronavirus crisis: by McKinsey & Company
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) - offers recovery guidance for various industries
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Guide for Restaurants and Bars
- National Restaurant Association - Recovery Guide
Businesses that have medical supplies or equipment to offer are asked to go to www.fema.gov and provide details of your donation through their online medical supplies and equipment. View Form
To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation. Full details can be found here.
Resources to Become a Critical Supplier
- Overall Safety Equipment Standards from International Safety Equipment Standards Association
- FDA standards for those who want to produce hand sanitizer
- Masks - CDC approval support, test procedures, standards and user notices for respirator manufacturers.
- Medical Face Mask Tests and Requirement
FDA’s has issued new guidance on ventilators “Enforcement Policy for Ventilators and Accessories and Other Respiratory Devices During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency.” They would find it helpful to hear from interested manufacturers and send information outlined on page 12 of the document to CDRH-COVID19-Ventilators@fda.hhs.gov.
The FDA issued two guidelines going into effect immediately on enforcement policy for personal protective equipment (PPE) during COVID-19:
- Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (Revised) (April 2, 2020)
- Enforcement Policy for Gowns, Other Apparel, and Gloves During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (March 30, 2020)
The FDA believes the policy set forth in these guidelines may help address urgent public health concerns by helping to expand the availability of:
General-use face masks for the general public:
- Particulate-filtering facepiece respirators (including N95 respirators); and
- Surgical apparel for health care professionals, including gowns (togas), hoods, and surgeon's and patient-examination gloves during this public health emergency.
- Developed by the mHUB team and member entrepreneurs, this protective face shield provides a barrier protection to the facial area from splashes, spray sand spatter of body fluids. This face shield can be quickly manufactured and distributed to respond to immediate demands. More details.
- 3D printing - FDA has published a set of questions and answers relating to 3D printing during the coronavirus pandemic. Other information can be obtained through the FDA-VA-NIH-America Makes public private partnership. This page includes information and links to the Department of Veterans Affairs Innovation Ecosystem connector site, America Makes COVID site; Connecting Manufacturers and Health Care entities, National Institute of Health 3D print Exchange COVID Collection, and certain ASTM International standards.
- Open Source Face Mask - Face shield drawing
- Technical Data Sheet for N95 Respirator/Surgical Cone Face Mask - specifications
- PPE Gown Specifications - specifications
- Licensed medical volunteers can offer their services through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services by registering with the Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals.
- You can go to fema.gov to find out about other volunteer opportunities.