Career Opportunities in Offices Under the President
Passion. Innovation. Purpose. Anyone can us these words. At Cook County, we live them. Under the leadership of County President Toni Preckwinkle, the nation’s second largest county is ready to meet today’s challenges with ideas and inspiration from a workforce that represents our home - diverse, innovative, dedicated; unafraid to solve problems and build the equitable, vibrant, sustainable communities we want to live in.
Why pursue a career with Cook County?
In addition to providing employees with a challenging, rewarding environment for career and personal growth, we are proud to also offer some of the best benefits in the public sphere, including:
Cook County employees have access to a variety of Top Tier Medical Benefits, including:
- Medical (The County offers two medical benefit plans: Blue Advantage HMO and Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO)
- Prescription Drug Benefit (When you enroll in a medical plan, you automatically receive prescription drug coverage through CVS/Caremark.)
- Dental Plans (You have a choice of two plans First Commonwealth/Guardian Dental HMO or First Commonwealth/Guardian PPO)
- Vision Plan (Davis Vision)
- +7 Additional voluntary benefit plans
Cook County offers the option of flexible work arrangements.
As a Cook County employee, you will be eligible to receive the following:
- 13 paid designated holidays
- Minimum of 10 vacation days annually
- Up to 4 personal days annually
- Paid sick leave
Cook County offers a generous Pension plan. To learn more about your employee pension, visit the Cook County Pension Fund website.
Cook County employees have access to a variety of Financial Support programs and resources, including:
Cook County employees have access to a variety of Health/Wellness Perks, including:
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program administered by Magellan Healthcare
- MyHealth Connections wellness program, which promotes health and well-being
For benefits questions contact Risk Management at 312-603-6385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hear what our employees have to say
Looking for a Shakman Exempt Job Posting?
A Shakman exempt position is one that involves policy making to an extent or is confidential in such a way that political affiliation is an appropriate consideration for the effective performance of the job. Please refer to the Shakman exempt list and associated job descriptions for more information.
Not finding what you are looking for?
The button below will link you to the employment information for all hiring agencies throughout the County, as well as jobs, job training opportunities, and information through County programs.