Life Insurance - Group Term Basic and Supplemental Life
Group Term Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Group Term Basic Life Insurance — totally County paid, this coverage is equal to one times salary rounded to the next highest thousand for eligible employees. This plan provides a benefit in the event of death of an employee. Coverage can be converted or ported to an individual policy upon separation from employment.
Group Supplemental Term Life Insurance — Enrollment in this Supplemental Term Life insurance plan is available without providing medical information as long as you have not been hospitalized within 90 days preceding your enrollment date, and:
For New Hires
- The enrollment takes place within 31 days from the date you become eligible for benefits, and
- You are enrolling for coverage equal to or less than 3 times your basic annual earning, not to exceed $500,000
For Open Enrollment
- The enrollment takes place prior to the enrollment deadline, and
- You are requesting to increase your existing coverage in $1,000 increments up to 1x annual earnings, and the total amount of coverage does not exceed 3x your basic annual earnings or $500,000, OR
- You are requesting to increase your existing coverage by 1x annual earnings, and the total amount of coverage does not exceed 3x your basic annual earnings or $500,000
If you do not meet all the conditions stated above, you will need to provide additional medical information by completing a Statement of Health form.